As the Nigerian military continued heavy shelling of Boko Haram terrorists, which last week, led to the surrendering of some of the insurgents, the terrorists again have attacked Maiduguri on Sunday.
The attacks led to death of 54, leaving about 90 with degrees of injuries.
In a monitored report on Reuters.com, multiple bomb attacks had rocked the Borno State capital, Sunday evening.
According to the report, a police spokesman, on Monday (today), confirmed the attack.
“A suspected Boko Haram suicide bomber detonated IEDs (improvised explosive devices) at a mosque in Ajilari and some insurgents also threw IEDs at a viewing centre. Total casualty figure is now 54,” Victor Isuku, a police spokesman said in Maiduguri.
Also, Reuters.com published that, “a Nigerian army spokesman said on Sunday, that three bombs had gone off.”